With the introduction of mobility equipment and other assistive aid devices, the quality of life has become much better for those having issues due to old age, accidents, diseases, and other reasons. Popular devices include mobility scooters Perth, canes, platform lifts, walkers, power-chairs, pool lifts, and many more. All of these have their own special features and use for different types of issues.
However, not all assistive devices can be used by everyone, and it is important to assess what kind of equipment can be used in which conditions. For example, someone may require a power-chair while another person with similar disability may find more useful. If in doubt about which device to opt for, consult professional companies that sell such mobility devices, and they’ll be able to guide you about which device and model you should be using.
In this article, we will discuss the main advantages and disadvantages of movability scooters and platform lifts Perth.
- Platform Lifts
- No requirement of digging a pit and hence, platform lifts Perth can be installed directly onto the floor which reduces excavation and other related costs.
- No requirement of separate machine room, since the control system of the lift is integrated within the lift’s shaft.
- No requirement of a lift car if you don’t require speed higher than 0.15m/s. If you do, then a lift car will be required.
- Very less head room (only 2.3m) will be required in case you don’t opt for lift with an enclosed car.
- Comes with integrated safety features, most common of which include reasonable speeds, hold-to-run feature for control, and the ability to stop the platform lift just by touching the far edges of the lift.
- Many new models now also come with added safety functions including emergency stop, emergency telephone as well as an alarm. read more
- Platform lift, just like pool lifts Perth, can be prohibitive in terms of cost of initial setup and installation cost.
- Again, similar to removing the installation of the lift in future will require calling a technician.
In addition to platform lifts, mobility scooters Perth are also quite a popular assertive device. Following are some of its main advantages and disadvantages:
- Provides much more freedom to travel long distances both inside and outside a home.
- Reduced risk of fall related injuries compared to moving without mobility aids.
- Person can easily carry additional small loads like groceries and other light shopping, previously not possible.
- In spite of their various merits, not everyone can use them easily since the small scooters may not be able to bear weight of heavy riders.
- Finally, mobility scooters require a short initial training, something which not many people may find easy especially older people.
Thus we see that mobility devices like pool lifts Perth, platform lifts and healthcare scooters , can prove quite helpful. Consult experts like Bluesky Healthcare to find out which device and model you should buy depending upon your needs and budget.
The team at Bluesky Healthcare are the experts based in Perth’s northern suburbs www.blueskyhealthcare.com.au/products/mobile-mobility-scooters